-will succeed in rigorous curriculum,
AVID in the News
For more AVID in the News, click HERE.
PSAT/NMSQT at GOHS – –
Registration begins September 15th and ends October 15th.
Benefits of taking the PSAT/NMSQT – Student Flyer
Benefits of taking the PSAT/NMSQT – Parent Flyer
How to register for PSAT/NMSQT
· Register in-person with the GOHS Bookkeeper. Pay $25 – cash, check, or card.
· Then take your receipt that you receive to the counseling office to your counselor or to the college and career center to pick up your PSAT/NMSQT Student Guide which includes a practice test.
· Registration begins on September 15th and the overall registration ends October 15th. GOHS students have first priority on 500 tests (have to be anticipated and ordered in advance) from September 15th through October 10th on first register-first get basis. After October 10th through October 15th – the remaining seats are opened up to any student in the area – first register-first get. Don’t Procrastinate!!!!!
PSAT Student Guide – hard copy will be given to students when they bring their receipt to counseling office or you can download/view via the link.
Prepare for PSAT/NMSQT - PowerPoint
Practice Test/Questions – this is also within the PSAT Student Guide that you pick up in Counseling with receipt after registering for the test with the GOHS Bookkeeper.
Free PSAT Prep Online Classes
· Kaplan – PSAT/NMSQT Cram Session
· Method Test Prep – Free and for fee PSAT/SAT Prep Online Courses
ZAPS PSAT/SAT Test Prep Seminar
Can’t test– how to register for test on Wednesday
· The PSAT/NMQST is only offered at a school site on either – Wednesday October 15th or Saturday October 18th – we can’t do both dates.
· TVHS has agreed to save 20 seats maximum for GOHS students who want to take test on Wednesday October 15th at TVHS. You may register for taking the test at TVHS by paying the GOHS bookkeeper $25 AND MAKE SURE YOU TELL HER THAT YOU WANT TO TAKE IT AT TVHS. These seats are on first register-first get basis.
· Parents will need to call attendance office to inform them the student will be out for PSAT at TVHS and whether all day or just through lunch. Parents will be responsible for providing the transportation.
· If the 20 seats fill and more want to take it on Wednesday, students/parents will be responsible for using the PSAT/NMSQT High School Search page to find schools that offer test on Wednesday date . Select advance search option, put in city, state, and zip, and then select the schools to see date. You will need to contact them directly to inquire on registration.
· PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE – put Great Oak High School – code 053880 – as the school that you attend on you Test Answer Sheet or we will not get your results and will change some features in My Quick Start and other post-test resources.
On the Test Day – students report by 7:45 am, test starts at 8:00 am promptly
- Two No. 2 pencils with erasers
- An approved calculator
- Social security number (optional)
- Email address (optional)
- Current and valid school or government issued photo (for students not testing at their own school and home-schooled students only)
· PSAT/NMSQT Score Interpretation Presentation – Evening TBA in early December at GOHS.
Using Scores and Collegeboard Resources
· Collegeboard tips for using scores
· My Quick Start website – SAT/AP prep, college and career prep and planning
· Demo for using My Quick Start
· BigFuture – collegeboard’s (PSAT/SAT/AP … test makers) college and career preparation and planning site is one of the best free do-it-all interactive, interactive sites
· BigFuture – demos and tutorials
The 6th annual Temecula Valley College and Vocational Fair will take place on
ASVAB Testing for All Juniors September 23 in the Gym and October 22 in history classes. See counseling for questions.
Join us in promoting college and career readiness!
The AVID club meets every wednesday to discuss fund raising, community service and spreading the AVID word around campus. Come join the AVID club in room 902.
Meet our 2014-2015 AVID Tutors
The GOHS AVID Students and Teachers would like to welcome our new tutors! We are very excited to work with you all year!
Jessica Zarate--Cal State San Marcos
Amy Martin--National University
Tina Mihoc--Cal State San Marcos
Hannah Thomas--Cal State Long Beach grad + Azusa Pacific Univ current enrollment
Kaity Malloy--University of California at San Diego grad + current enrollment for teacher's credential program
AVID partners in Commit to Student Success!
in Commit to Student Success Week!