WHAT'S GOING ON IN PTSA?
* PTSA welcomes our student leadership team. Thank you for attending the meeting on 9/9 -- we are excited about your involvement in PTSA as a voice for students and in the board mentoring program.
* Reflections Art Contest is underway -- Click Here for Entry Form and Info See below for more details.
* SMART CARD fundraiser -- see below for details. GOHS PTSA earns $15 for each card sold.
* The PTSA looks forward to providing a meal for teachers and staff during "Back to School" night on September 17th. Make sure to RSVP when you receive the email.
* PTSA is honored to provide ribbons for the "Because Nice Matters" campaign week of September 22nd.
* October 28th: S.A.F.E. presents internet and social media safety program.DA's will be here at GOHS to inform and answer questions. Look for more details as the date arrives.
*SCHOLARSHIP INFO: See below for links to PTA and other scholarships for Seniors -- must be a PTA member for PTA awards.
* We were able to sponsor a golfer in the GOHS XC golf fundraiser and look forward to finding more ways to support our student activities and clubs.
* Partner with PTSA: Membership Drive -- Click her for membership form or to donate
Please join us in making a difference at Great Oak. Joining is easy. Just fill out a PTSA MEMBERSHIP FORM, include your cash or check (payable to GOHS PTSA) and turn it in to any PTSA representative, your student's teacher, or the front office.
CELEBRATE THE ARTS!
We encourage ALL students to participate in the Reflections Art Contest
This year's theme is "The World Would be a Better Place if..."
Information and Flyer: CLICK HERE
CA PTA Reflections Website: Click Here
Visual Arts: 2 D, 24 x 30 inches max size -- Detailed Rules
Photography: 11x 14 inches max size (including matting) -- Detailed Rules
Music Composition: max 5 minute recording, must include musical notation -- Detailed Rules
Dance Choreography/ Film: Max 5 minute recording -- Detailed Rules
Literature: Max 2000 words, 8.5 x 11 inch paper. -- Detailed Rules
Entries Due October 14th with Ms. Rosser. -- Good luck to all participants
SMART CARD FUNDRAISER
PTSA NEEDS YOU!
Welcome GOHS Families!
Great Oak High School PTSA invites you to join us in making a difference in the education and quality of life of our students. Our goal is to bring parents, staff, students, and community together to better serve our school. EVERYONE can join. Parents, students, staff members, family members, and friends. For membership forms: CLICK HERE. Your $10 membership allows our PTSA to sponsor programs such as:
Reflections Arts Program
Red Ribbon Week
Because Nice Matters
PTSA scholarships (seniors mus be PTSA member to qualify)
State Testing Food carts
WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE NEW PROGRAMS SLATED FOR THIS YEAR... CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
1. Social media safety for students and parents -- hosted by S.A.F.E. tasks force
2. SCCA Teen Driving Event -- basic car control on a closed course. Learn skid control, emergency lane change, ABS braking, and the dangers of distracted driving.
3. Situational Awareness -- Local self defense studio and our Resource officer will speak on college safety, walking in groups, and always being aware of surroundings. Will cover what constitutes a sexual assault and how to report.
4. Financial Understanding -- Taught by two local financial institutions. Will cover banking, checking, credit cards, savings accounts, FICA scores, loans and budgets.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR SENIORS (PTA MEMBERS)
click the blue links to visit website
** CA PTA State Scholarship: The California State PTA offers Graduating High School Senior Scholarships ($750) to recognize volunteer service by high school seniors in a school and community.
** 23rd District PTA Scholarship: The 23rd District PTA will offer a Graduating High School Senior Scholarship in the amount of $500.00 to acknowledge the achievements of a high school senior for volunteer service in the school and community.
** Temecula Dollars for Scholars: Temecula Dollars for Scholars is a nonprofit organization that provides financial aid to TVUSD high school seniors aspiring to higher education.
AXA Achievement Foundation: National PTA sponsor and provider of more than $1.3 million a year in scholarships. Also provides resources for college.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR TEACHERS, NURSES, AND PT(S)A VOLUNTEERS
click blue links to visit website
ACTIVATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD
To receive your perks and discounts be sure to activate you membership card.
Click ACTIVATE MY CARD to get started.