REFLECTIONS 2014 VISUAL ARTS/PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES
WHAT'S GOING ON IN PTSA?
* October 28th: S.A.F.E. presents internet and social media safety program.
DA's will be here at GOHS during student PE classes to inform and answer questions. Parents are welcome. Check in at the front office. The program will follow the regular day bell schedule.
* PTSA welcomes our student leadership team. We are excited about student involvement in PTSA. Student members serve as a voice for students and will learn skills through the board mentoring program.
* Reflections Art Contest is closed -- Good luck to all students who entered. Awards banquet will be November 19th at 6pm. Invitations will go out soon.
* SMART CARD fundraiser -- see below for details. GOHS PTSA earns $15 for each card sold.
*SCHOLARSHIP INFO: See below for links to PTA and other scholarships for Seniors -- must be a PTA member for PTA awards.
* We were able to financially support GOHS ROTC and we appreciate all they do on campus.
* We were able to financially support GOHS Band and are looking for ways to support other clubs and teachers. We are looking for ways to bolster our fundraising efforts to provide more for students, teachers, and the school community.
* Partner with PTSA: Membership Drive -- Click her for membership form or to donate
Please join us in making a difference at Great Oak. Joining is easy. Just fill out a PTSA MEMBERSHIP FORM, include your cash or check (payable to GOHS PTSA) and turn it in to any PTSA representative, your student's teacher, or the front office.
CELEBRATE THE ARTS!
The Reflections Art Contest is closed for 2014. Good luck to all participants. Awards banquet will be November 19th in the GOHS PAC. Invitations will be sent to all participants.
This year's theme is "The World Would be a Better Place if..."
SMART CARD FUNDRAISER
PTSA NEEDS YOU!
Welcome GOHS Families!
Great Oak High School PTSA invites you to join us in making a difference in the education and quality of life of our students. Our goal is to bring parents, staff, students, and community together to better serve our school. EVERYONE can join. Parents, students, staff members, family members, and friends. For membership forms: CLICK HERE. Your $10 membership allows our PTSA to sponsor programs such as:
Reflections Arts Program
Red Ribbon Week
Because Nice Matters
PTSA scholarships (seniors mus be PTSA member to qualify)
State Testing Food carts
WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE NEW PROGRAMS SLATED FOR THIS YEAR... CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
1. Social media safety for students and parents -- hosted by S.A.F.E. tasks force
2. SCCA Teen Driving Event -- basic car control on a closed course. Learn skid control, emergency lane change, ABS braking, and the dangers of distracted driving.
3. Situational Awareness -- Local self defense studio and our Resource officer will speak on college safety, walking in groups, and always being aware of surroundings. Will cover what constitutes a sexual assault and how to report.
4. Financial Understanding -- Taught by two local financial institutions. Will cover banking, checking, credit cards, savings accounts, FICA scores, loans and budgets.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR SENIORS (PTA MEMBERS)
click the blue links to visit website
** CA PTA State Scholarship: The California State PTA offers Graduating High School Senior Scholarships ($750) to recognize volunteer service by high school seniors in a school and community.
** 23rd District PTA Scholarship: The 23rd District PTA will offer a Graduating High School Senior Scholarship in the amount of $500.00 to acknowledge the achievements of a high school senior for volunteer service in the school and community.
** Temecula Dollars for Scholars: Temecula Dollars for Scholars is a nonprofit organization that provides financial aid to TVUSD high school seniors aspiring to higher education.
AXA Achievement Foundation: National PTA sponsor and provider of more than $1.3 million a year in scholarships. Also provides resources for college.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR TEACHERS, NURSES, AND PT(S)A VOLUNTEERS
click blue links to visit website
ACTIVATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD
To receive your perks and discounts be sure to activate you membership card.
Click ACTIVATE MY CARD to get started.