Working on sharing as many Reflections art entries as possible. Please enjoy the visual arts and photography entries and one of the videos. Hope to have music, literature, and second film available in near future.
Reflections Video Entry 1
WHAT'S GOING ON IN PTSA?
Look for these upcoming events:
SCCA Teen Driving Event -- basic car control on a closed course. Learn skid control, emergency lane change, ABS braking, and the dangers of distracted driving.
Situational Awareness -- Local self defense studio and our Resource officer will speak on college safety, walking in groups, and always being aware of surroundings. Will cover what constitutes a sexual assault and how to report.
Financial Understanding -- Taught by two local financial institutions. Will cover banking, checking, credit cards, savings accounts, FICA scores, loans and budgets.
* PTSA welcomes our student leadership team. We are excited about student involvement in PTSA. Student members serve as a voice for students and will learn skills through the board mentoring program.
*Reflections Council PTA Awards: Congratulations to the following students for representing GOHS in Reflections at the Temecula Valley Council PTA. These students will be recognized on December 16th at the Temecula Valley Performing Arts Center. Good luck! Gallery Viewing begins at 6pm, ceremony starts at 6:30pm.
Visual Arts: Alice Giba Dance Choreography: Shayna Husein
Photography: Makena Neuman Film Production: Madeline Ferstle
Music Composition: Michael Reed Literature: Christine Yu
*SCHOLARSHIP INFO: See below for links to PTA and other scholarships for Seniors -- must be a PTA member for PTA awards.
* We were able to financially support GOHS ROTC and we appreciate all they do on campus.
* We were able to financially support GOHS Band and are looking for ways to support other clubs and teachers. We are looking for ways to bolster our fundraising efforts to provide more for students, teachers, and the school community.
* Partner with PTSA: Membership Drive -- Click her for membership form or to donate
Please join us in making a difference at Great Oak. Joining is easy. Just fill out a PTSA MEMBERSHIP FORM, include your cash or check (payable to GOHS PTSA) and turn it in to any PTSA representative, your student's teacher, or the front office.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR SENIORS (Some require PTA membership)
click the blue links to visit website
** CA PTA State Scholarship: The California State PTA offers Graduating High School Senior Scholarships ($750) to recognize volunteer service by high school seniors in a school and community.
** 23rd District PTA Scholarship: The 23rd District PTA will offer a Graduating High School Senior Scholarship in the amount of $500.00 to acknowledge the achievements of a high school senior for volunteer service in the school and community.
** Temecula Dollars for Scholars: Temecula Dollars for Scholars is a nonprofit organization that provides financial aid to TVUSD high school seniors aspiring to higher education.
AXA Achievement Foundation: National PTA sponsor and provider of more than $1.3 million a year in scholarships. Also provides resources for college.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR TEACHERS, NURSES, AND PT(S)A VOLUNTEERS
click blue links to visit website
REFLECTIONS 2014 VISUAL ARTS/PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES
CELEBRATE THE ARTS!
The Reflections Art Contest is closed for 2014. The awards banquet was held on November 19th in the GOHS PAC. Congratulations to our award award recipients:
Shayna Husein $50 for 1st place
Michael Reed: $50 for 1st place
Stephanie Lai: $30 for 2nd place
Christine Yu $50 for 1st place
Stephanie Lai $30 for 2nd place
Matthew Harrigan $20 for 3rd place
Alice Giba $50 for 1st place
Lian Verdeflor $30 for 2nd place
Alyson Williams $20 for 3rd place
Makena Neuman $50 for 1st place
Kerstin Rosser $30 for 2nd place
Madeline Ferstle $50 for 1st place
Victoria Moniz $30 for 2nd place
First place winners will represent Great Oak HS at the Council PTA level competition. Good Luck!!!
Next year's theme is "Let Your Imagination Fly"
PTSA NEEDS YOU!
Welcome GOHS Families!
Great Oak High School PTSA invites you to join us in making a difference in the education and quality of life of our students. Our goal is to bring parents, staff, students, and community together to better serve our school. EVERYONE can join. Parents, students, staff members, family members, and friends. For membership forms: CLICK HERE. Your $10 membership allows our PTSA to sponsor programs such as:
Reflections Arts Program
Red Ribbon Week
Because Nice Matters
PTSA scholarships (seniors mus be PTSA member to qualify)
State Testing Food carts
WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE NEW PROGRAMS SLATED FOR THIS YEAR... CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
1. Social media safety for students and parents -- hosted by S.A.F.E. tasks force
2. SCCA Teen Driving Event -- basic car control on a closed course. Learn skid control, emergency lane change, ABS braking, and the dangers of distracted driving.
3. Situational Awareness -- Local self defense studio and our Resource officer will speak on college safety, walking in groups, and always being aware of surroundings. Will cover what constitutes a sexual assault and how to report.
4. Financial Understanding -- Taught by two local financial institutions. Will cover banking, checking, credit cards, savings accounts, FICA scores, loans and budgets.
ACTIVATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD
To receive your perks and discounts be sure to activate you membership card.
Click ACTIVATE MY CARD to get started.