California Community Colleges
Community College Search Naviance SuperMatch - Under Type of School select 2 year college
Community College Search BigFuture - Under Type of School select 2 year college
You must have a high school diploma, GED, California High School Proficiency Exam Certificate, or be 18 years old.
Placement test/Orientation will be given prior to registering for classes. Score does not affect admissions. SAT and ACT tests are NOT required for admission.
No specific grade point average is required for admission.
- Associate Degree (2 yrs/60 units) – University Transfer Track
- Associate Degree – Enter Workforce
- Certificates – 6 month to 2 years – Training that often does not require academic classes. Medical, computer, skill trade, … related occupations.
Your cost of attending a community college will involve books and transportation since most students continue to live at home. Students will pay a per unit fee, at this time the fee is $26 a unit. Additional fees include health, student representation, ID card, and parking.
- Complete Online Application
- English/Math Assessment (determines which English/Math course you are able to take)
- Orientation - typically online
- Send current and final (after graduation) transcripts
- Registration Date (which is the date that you are able to pick classes)
- Additional steps - for an excellent example of the process - click on link to review MSJC's steps for applying -http://www.msjc.edu/StudentServices/EnrollmentServices/Pages/New-Students.aspx
Mid- April thru Registration Date
- Meet with Community College Counselor to work on you Course Plan based on you major and/or University goal after community college.
- Register for classes on your registration date. Delaying as much as a day may lead to not getting classes you are requesting and may add to the number of semesters that you will have to attend. You can have the section numbers identified ahead of time to be able to enter them on your date.