FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid and Cal Grant Information
- There will be a FAFSA Presentation/Overview at GOHS PAC (Performing Arts Center) on October 18th at 6 pm to 7:30 pm with Pam Macias, the Director of Financial Aid with Point Loma Nazarene University.
- The FAFSA is the online Application for Federal Aid and Calgrants – Grants, Scholarships, Preferred Loans, Work Study, … for students pursuing Universities, Community Colleges, Institutes, Technical, and Vocational Schools.
- Universities, community colleges, and vocational/technical schools want seniors, and their parent, to complete the FAFSA. Please view this as part of your application process.
- New this year!! The 2017/2018 FAFSA opens October 1st (not January 1st like past years) and you use information from your 2015 (prior-prior year) taxes. Seniors, and their parents, are encourage to complete the FAFSA in October 2016 due to money being allocated on a first submit first serve basis.
There will be drawings to win 2 extra graduation ceremony tickets for those who complete the FAFSA. There will be a drawing at the end of each month from October through the end of February. We are able to run a report of all students who have a completed FAFSA. We will randomly select a student at the end of each month out of the FAFSA completion report to win the 2 extra tickets for that month. A student may only win this drawing once for maximum of 2 extra tickets.
- Review Local/National Scholarship Database that was emailed via Naviance for potential Scholarships to apply for this year.
- Check e-mail or Naviance and listen during announcements for ongoing updates and reminders on upcoming scholarship deadlines.
CaliberCares Foundation Scholarship (academic leadership, financial need):
Foster Scholarship (technical or vocational school): https://calibercares.academicworks.com/opportunities/885
Future Female Leaders in Business/Technology Scholarship: https://calibercares.academicworks.com/opportunities/891
Lending Through Learning Scholarship (math, engineering, viticulture major): https://calibercares.academicworks.com/opportunities/882
McDougall Scholarship (technical or vocational school): https://calibercares.academicworks.com/opportunities/825
Rising Star Scholarship (extra-curricular activities, 3.0 GPA): https://calibercares.academicworks.com/opportunities/828
Servicers Seeking Scholars Scholarship (math, engineering, technology major): https://calibercares.academicworks.com/opportunities/843
Shoemaker Scholarship (academic and community leadership):
- www.fastweb.com – for largest database, help contacting, ongoing reminders of deadlines
Nurse.org Healthcare Leaders Scholarship (pursuing healthcare-related careers): http://nurse.org/healthcare-leaders/
Scholarships affiliated with Colleges/Schools
student currently attends
- Contact Financial Aide offices of schools that you apply to.
- Contact Departments (Science, Art, Auto) of schools that you apply to.
Great Oak High School Scholarship : https://calibercares.academicworks.com/opportunities/936