Letter of Recommendation Request Information
- Students who will be requesting letters of recommendation at GOHS will need to complete the GOHS Letter of Recommendation Protocol Packet and give to the one making the recommendation by their deadline requirement. If students don't follow this policy they will not receive a letter of recommendation. Note: Links to samples of resumes on the right of this page under "Resources".
- Class of 2017 counselors letter of recommendation requests deadlines are 2 TVUSD school day weeks before their college and scholarship applications deadlines (weekends and holidays are not included in these days). List of letter of recommendations requests high priority deadline dates and are above. Any requests received after the request deadlines in the calendar above will not be honored.
- There are two major pieces in the Common Application Counselor side. 1 is the Student Report/Mid-Year Report and the other is 2. Counselor Letter of Recommendation. Some students using Common Application won't need the Counselor Letter Recommendation as part of their college application portfolio. Teachers meet with students 185 days a year, counselors meet with them from a few days a year to multiple days a year - who's letter would you want if you were analyzing applications? If the college only wants one letter then the Student Report/Mid-Year Report are the most important part and Counselor Letter of Recommendation is less important.
- The Student Report/Mid-Year Report Request deadline is the same as the Letter of Recommendation Deadline.
- Please remember that procrastination has consequences and please try to avoid having to deal with those consequences.