What is P.L.U.S. Group?
PLUS is a proactive peer leader program which empowers youth to lead, educate, influence and support their fellow peers. The PLUS Program is one of the few approaches in education which utilizes the natural channels of peer influence to address critical issues that impact the positive youth development of our children. The PLUS vision is invested in the power of the peer group model and the sense of belonging that develops when individuals feel an identity to a group. The PLUS model is to create a culture on campuses and in communities where inclusion is a reality for all young people. This inclusion serves as the catalyst for young people to engage in positive actions which develop their self worth and identity to a credible social group. PLUS supplies an ongoing plan that enables schools with the ability to address issues that affect the learning environment of students. Implementation of PLUS activities creates a positive campus culture which establishes a safe school environment for all students to achieve individual success.
Information Regarding Upcoming PLUS 9th Grade Lesson
Each one of our extended PLUS members should have been contacted by one of the members of our PLUS class. If you were not contacted, PLEASE let me know ASAP, so we can make sure you are kept up-to-date with all of our information!!
Some changes have been made to Wednesday's lesson, so please print out another copy -- see handouts below.
- 9th Grade Lesson -- THIS Wednesday, September 29th!!!
- Tell your teacher ahead of time that you will be approximately 20 minutes late for class that day!
- Stop by Mrs. Balka's room, 312, before school for handouts and a pass.
- Wear your Link Crew Peer Leaders gold t-shirt.
- One person should bring a bag of candy -- if you guys want to give treats for trivia. Remember to tell them to save them for later -- to be respectful towards teachers.
- If you have any questions, please ask your PLUS contact OR me!!!
- PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!!
Please print out the following:
- Schedules -- please double-check -- two groups were switched to a different teacher, but the period is the same.
- The High School Experience Script
- Dr. Seuss quote to write on board
Don't forget to stop by tomorrow around 7:15 to check in and pick up your handouts!!!!!! See you then!!!